Bishop Asili Counseling, Rehabilitation and Community Center (BACRC) is a nonprofit organization belonging and run by the Missionary Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church. The Centre principally deals with counseling of women, children, youth and men in all social aspects of life. We encourage them to transform their lives and live positively with in spite of their disadvantaged situations and difficult circumstances, including but not limited to, the victims of HIV/AIDS and war victims especially the women who have lost their husbands and are discouraged with life in the rural areas
To improve the lives of the disadvantaged and adversely affected women, men, and youth including children in the district of Lira, Uganda. We seek to strengthen women’s capacities through initiatives that promote human rights, livelihood, family solidarity, positive behavior, justice and peace, self reliance, and human development. In executing our duties, the sisters cherish the value of love of God, teamwork, transparency, equity and environmental protection.
To help the women and community asses their needs and concern by living a self reliant life, be responsible of their lives as they discover their own potential resources and design their practical approaches for addressing their problems in participatory and sustainable way .they think critically, be empowered and uphold their human dignity.
Our Core Values ‘CAPETEL’
Prayer/restoration of hope
Listening with the third hear.
Area of Focus for BACRC as an organization has six thematic area of focus
· Livelihoods (small Scale Farming)
· Economic (Training group and Individual in soap making and home economics),
· Adult Literacy programme
· HIV/Aids Counseling& Hygiene
· Small saving and support group programme.
Human rights on women &Family Management
· Women, children, youth, and men that were formally abducted and domestically violated.
· Patients living with HIV in communities,care takers and volunteers.
· To counsel and encourage gender equity among the local community,especially the women and children. To cope with trauma and they become healed and live a self-reliant life through small income generating activities.
· To empower the patients and care givers with skills-oriented activities so that they are capable of being transformative agents of self and others in social psychosocial support and Reintegration for Sustainable Development in HBC .
· To give the women access to justice and advocate for the protection of their rights to enhance peaceful co-existence and participation of women in levels of decision making processes.
· To create a suitable situation that can encourage expression and creation of new knowledge and awareness that will bring healing , freedom to the patients in the four parishes HBC training will change the approach of life and many will adapt to behavior change
· To equip the community with the knowledge, psychosocial support and of income generating activities in the community through counseling and psycho education.
· To strengthen network with similar organization in Lira, and other district in the country and the rest of World with similar interest of helping the community to restore the social bond.
THIS IS OUR CENTER.
THIS IS OUR CENTER.